Healthy Dog, Happy Family
December 20, 2011
Playing with your dog is great exercise for both of you, and because it’s fun, you’ll forget it’s exercise.
Any pet owner will tell you dogs are not just four-legged friends. They are members of the family. Whether they are accompanying you on a walk in the park, warming your feet as you read your morning paper, or the first to greet you when you arrive home from a long day of work, dogs aren’t just ‘man’s best friend’ – they are an integral member of the family. And, just like any member of your family, your dog deserves the nutrition that will best serve his or her needs.
Since keeping every member of the family healthy and active is important, NUTRO ULTRA food for dogs contains the ULTRASSENTIAL Superfood Blend. It blends a unique mix of high-quality proteins, antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables, whole grains and healthy oils that deliver added performance benefits for your dog, including heart and joint health, strong eyesight, and healthy brain function.
“In the right combination, individual superfoods are stronger by working together, like taking a multivitamin. It’s this extra nutritional punch that makes the ULTRASSENTIAL Superfood Blend ideally suited for aiding in total dog health,” says nationally renowned veterinarian Dr. Marty Becker, who has teamed up with the ULTRA brand. “Making sure your dog eats a nutritionally balanced diet is vital to his longevity and happiness.”
Now that is something the whole family can get excited about.
Dr. Becker shares tips to stay active with your dog.
• Stay fit. Nutrition and exercise are vital to the well-being of your dog. Dogs need a well-balanced diet just like people, and you can greatly improve the longevity of your dog’s life by paying close attention to his eating and exercise habits. Exercise, besides helping keep a pet near its ideal body weight, greatly reduces bad behaviors like excessive barking, digging and chewing.
• Clean teeth. Daily oral care is important for a dog’s health, but it is often overlooked. While brushing your dog’s teeth at least weekly is the gold standard, any steps you take to help clean their teeth can prevent illness and help them live a longer life. An added benefit: No more doggy breath!
• Have fun. Dog parks and dog-friendly beaches are great ways for you and your dog to get out, exercise and socialize. Just as it helps to have a fitness buddy at the gym, your dog can be your walking or jogging buddy – and they never forsake you for a better offer. When you’re having fun together, it won’t feel like exercise!
The ULTRASSENTIAL Superfood Blend
• Blueberries - Packed with antioxidants to help maintain a strong immune system, a healthy heart and sharp mind.
• Pomegranate - Packed with antioxidants and to help support a strong immune system.
• Pumpkin - A member of the squash family, pumpkin is a natural source of Beta Carotene and fiber that helps both the digestive health and vision of your dog.
• Avocado - Avocados are rich in Omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat. In ULTRA food for dogs, only the fleshy part of the fruit is used (not the skin, pit, leaves or stems).
• Oatmeal - Oatmeal is a healthy grain with beneficial insoluble and soluble fiber recognized for helping promote easy digestion and heart health.
• Sunflower Oil - This healthy oil is rich in Linoleic Acid to help your dog have healthy skin and coat.
• Tomatoes - Packed with vitamin C and antioxidants, tomatoes help support a strong immune system and a healthy heart.
• Spinach - High in antioxidants and essential minerals, spinach helps support a strong immune system, strong vision, and cognitive development.
• Eggs - Considered one of the most perfect proteins, eggs not only help maintain your dog's lean muscle mass, but also support cognitive development and help provide healthy skin and coat.
• Alfalfa Meal - This natural grass rich in antioxidants and fiber provides the nutrients needed for a healthy immune system.
• Flaxseed - Flaxseed is a natural Omega-3 and -6 fatty acid source that helps maintain healthy skin and coat, and supports healthy joints for your dog.
• Carrots - Carrots contain one of the most concentrated sources of Beta Carotene for strong vision and a strong immune system.
• Brown Rice - Provides an excellent source of energy through easily digestible carbohydrates.
• Cranberries - This natural source of vitamin C helps keep your dog’s immune system strong.